1963 Tempest - Grocery Getter
Arnie "The Farmer: Beswick Tribute
1963 Pontiac 421 Tempest Super Duty Wagon
Mr. Stock Eliminator at 1963 Winter Nationals
Pontiac produced just six 421 Tempest Super Duty Wagons. Only one of the original wagons has ever been recovered. These dual quad beasts were made for drag racing in the factory experimental class A/FX. One such wagon went to Arnie “The Farmer” Beswick in 1963. This replica was built by Wally Abela, well known in the ranks of Nostalgia Super Stock retro restorations. The factory shipped these cars with 10” M&H slicks on black steel rims, wide white walls on the front and without hub caps. At the heart of this car is the following….
• Pontiac 1970 455 cubic inch 4 bolt main Engine Block Dyno’d 572 hp
• Edelbrock Twin 750 CFM 4 BBL Carburetors / Aluminum Intake Manifold
• Factory #64 High Performance Ported Heads by Gary Drys
• Childs & Alberts Rods / Diamond Custom 11:1 Pistons / MSD Ignition
• Richmond Super T-10 4 Speed Transmission
• 9” Ford Currie Enterprises 4.56 Rear End Suspended by Parallel Leaf Springs
• Lunati Cam with 1.65 Roller Rockers
• Front Disc Brakes
• Frame Stiffening Steel Runners
• Competition Engineering Traction Bars
• Hurst Competition Plus Shifter
• Radio & Heater Delete / Fuel Cell In Former Spare Tire Well
This replica is one of the finest tributes to Arnie, one of the all-time great drag racing legends.
In August 2018, this car won 1st Place in the All Pontiac Show at Pheasant Run.
Please Note The Following
**Vehicle Location is at our clients home and Not In Cadillac, Michigan.
**We do have a showroom with about 25 cars that is by appointment only
**Please Call First and talk to one of our reps at 231-468-2809 EXT 1
** FREE Consignment Visit Our Site Today Easy To List Your Vehicle and Get it Sold in Record Time.